Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Inspired by the Great JanTInk!

Hello everyone!

Did you miss me? I've missed you.. Got a little busy around here as my oldest is starting Little Leauge and its his first time about so we are getting use to what comes with it. Also over at Stampin Addicts (if you don't know about that place you better GO and check it out so much fun! and all SU related) I'm getting excited w/my Sistahs as we are getting into Stampin Up Convention Mode. I can NOT wait I tell you. Lets just say I have signed up for enough swaps that if I add one more I will need more fingers.. and THATS all I'm saying! Ha..

One of our Sistah's who comes for visits is the awesome and oh my gosh super talented gal JanTInk. I am pretty sure you ALL know who she is right? Well a couple of days ago she posted on her a blog a card using the set : A Kind Word.. That card made my heart STOP! Oh my gosh just GOJUS.. WOW..she actually stamped one of the little gals on Kraft paper (already with my weakness of Kraft paper I KNEW I had to give it a go) and she used watercolor pencils to color it..
I actually don't have watercolor pencils ( I know I'm adding it to my list of what I need to get! lol) BUTTTT I then I thought WAIT.. I have my pastels my beloved pastels who are put away and hadn't gotten any love in a while... Could I use those to create my JanTInk card? ....


WELL look yourself!



Man was I ever channeling Jan! Ha... But I used my pastels to color the little girl and kitty and then used my Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip ink to give her walking field. (oh and I used my white watercolor crayone for her apron )I had to go and grab My Branching Out Stamp set (you all know how I love that set!) and add a few butterflies. and even the sky I used some pastels to create it. SQQUUEAL is all I could say and after doing that card well OF Course I had to make another right!!!


So again took my pastels and got to work and created this little card. For this one I used my Gel Pen as well. I really have been having fun doing this. It really is relaxing after you get started.
Well its late and I have to work on my card for tomorrow cause its Diva Challenge Wednesday tomorrow! I do have something in the works that has to do with some Candy again! This time we are gonna play a game! More details to come tomorrow!
As always I thank you for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I like how you colored with pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELLLLLLIIIEEEE!!!
    Those are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Love ya girl!!
    We are goin' to CONVENTION!!
    I cant wait to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! So gorgeous! Amazing coloring on both these cards - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEEEEUTIFUL! Ellie you are totally rockin the mojo. go girl

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. In AWE! These cards are so, so SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say Hi and leave a comment!