Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to School Teacher Gifts

Hello again everyone

Well as I said I am back today to share one of the projects I was working on yesterday I tagged it for my Squeeze it Saturday because well I did finish it yesterday just didn't have enough light to take pictures for it!


So while I was at Convention this summer we had a Meet & Greet for Stampinaddicts. It was such an amazing and fun event I can NOT wait and hope I am blessed enough to go again next year because it was so much fun.

There was swapping and eating and laughing and prizes and too much fun! I won (well I think everyone won something!) You got to go to the goodie table and pick from all these amazing goodies... can you image standing in front of a table full of goodies and YOU have to pick 1 thing? Well it was hard but for me since I have a thing for pens and pads (I know I'm such a geek! lol) I choose this :

It also included a matching pen and let me tell you I love it to pieces and when I got home I said OH I have to make this as inside is a pad (its 4x6) then I said OH my gosh who made this for me! So I went on a mission to find out who it was! Finally one of my SA Sistahs -Kim came through and told me who it was! lol

Then I was another mission to find those pads I went to every store you could think of but nobody had them as these are blank pads with no lines which is really what made me love it since I am forever doodling and this is perfect.


Well finally another of my SA Sistahs-Paula said OH Ellie I have some of those in my stash.. DO MY SA SISTAHS Rock or what???


THAT is how I was able to create these gifts for the boys teachers.. Did I lose you already with my long story for this little project!

OK well I think I've rambled enough you want to see what I made?? lol


*the reflection you see is that I put the cards and pads inside a clear box*


As you can see that not only did I make the pads for them but I am also including a set of cards for them to use. For the stamping I used 2 techniques to color the flowers on the cards.

I took out my Stampin Up Water color pencils and as I sat there coloring away (I also used my blender pen) I said WHY have I not used these pencils again in such a long time??? For the pads I decided for the main images to use watercolor paper and use my Stampin Up markers to color along with my aqua pen & then after I did that I decided to use my Versa Pen and emboss it.

As far as the stamps I used I went for Flores Suaves which is so beautiful I used it to stamp a background on the covers and did so with Versamark. For the cards I used Fifth Avenue Floral. The sentiment is from Dream Du Jour .

Actually you know what I am going to see if I make a video hopefully this week which I think will get easier for me to start to do again as my boys will be in school and the house will be quiet and will have a window to do so when my little Sassy takes a nap!

I think I have over extended this post but just had to share all the details with you!

Also I wanted to let my local customers know that I will be attending a Crop in November 7th and have been asked to me the Guest Stampin Up demonstrator at the event. I will be sharing an awesome project that I hope everyone will love. I am working on the sample and will share sneak peeks on what it is so you can say Ellie I am coming!

There are only 30 spots open and as I have heard 13 already are filled! Its gonna be a 12 hr. crop for ONLY $35.00 if you can't wait till I post more info just email me and I'll let you know about the rest of the info so you could register before all the spots are taken!

If you go you'll get to see me in my Bday Tiara cause the 14th is my Bday and I will start my celebrating with that crop. Well as always thank you so much for stopping by enjoy your Sunday!


Don't forget about my MDS Giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about the crop Ellie! It includes dinner & tickets to door prizes, and we are very close to being able to offer lunch for that same low crop fee! If you want a chance to meet Ellie OR see her again and do a great project please email her for my email address! Can't wait to do the project Ellie!!
    ~ Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say Hi and leave a comment!