Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In the Eyes of the Beholder

Hello everyone,


Hope you are having a wonderful week so far. So this AM when I went to check out the Sketch of the week over at Mercy she had this to play with:





Then I got this idea what if I change that square into a circle? Then I thought well this would be prefect for my Technique Tuesday.

Also how I got the title of my post today I really think sketches are a wonderful source of showing what you see when you use one. As I did with my first card!


This is one of 2 of the cards that I made inspired by this sketch :




I had fun making this card as can you believe Halloween will soon be knocking at our door! Do you see those buttons.. Those are SU you know.. YES THEY REALLY ARE... actually I got the idea from Andrea.. She took some buttons and embossed them and that's just what I did! Those buttons actually were stashed because they were from our last IN Colors well NOW they became Halloween buttons! Ha...

See my Witch's little sign that's a little twig there I made for her sign I'm working on my samples for my class and one of my albums has twigs so I just use a tiny piece for this card. I really do love this Cast-A-Spell Designer Paper it has so many beautiful prints.

Now after looking at this card I said OK let me try to make a card to match that sketch and since with 1 piece of cardstock you can get 2 cards I thought I just MUST! lol

Here is my 2nd card :





So I had left over pieces from yesterday cards and came up with this. I decided to pull out another of my stamps that I really do love, can you ever make a wrong card with this set? I THINK NOT! I embossed the flower and on the top I decided to add some dazzling diamonds. If you haven't noticed by yet with my cards YES I love my Signo Pen I just love to doodle! lol..

For this sentiment I went for my Trendy Trees (which I am using for other cards right now.. I told you I could never just stamp 1 card at a time! lol) and thought it went perfect don't you think?

Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and as always thank you for stopping by!

Materials :

Stamps :Halloween Hoot(111582), Inspired By Nature111656), Trendy Trees(113258)
Cardstock : Basic Black(102851),Whisper White(100730),Basic Grey(108692),Real Red(102482)
Ink;Basic Black:(101779),Whisper White(101731),(10079),Rich Razzleberry(116329)
Designer Paper : Cast-A-Spell(115677), Day & Night(116768)
Ribbon :Basic Black(115615)
Accessories:Designer Buttons(116313), Rhinestone Brad(113144),Signo Gel Pen(105021),Circles#2(114526)



3 comments:

  1. dang girl...you've been busy today! these look great, ellie! love the colors, the dps, and the images...you've totally rocked this sketch!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that little witch. I need to get crackin on my halloween cards myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards.. thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say Hi and leave a comment!