Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peaceful Delight

Hello everyone!

Sorry I hadn't posted for a couple of days but I've had my inky hands full. Working on swaps which I am so happy to say should be arriving at their destination tomorrow!

As well as designing my Shoe Box Swap card for this coming Saturday which I am SUPER excited about because its an all Demo swap being hosted by the Dawn R. who happens to be the Stampin Up Demo of the year! HOW FUN is that gonna be. I also get to hangout w/ my downline so it should be so much fun!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!

So in between my full plate I got to sit down and watercolor a bit which always helps me calm down and relax a bit. For my cards I used the Hostess Level 1 set-Country Morning. To tell you truth when I saw this set I said really now what the heck am I gonna do w/that ? Quickly my stamping brain said hmm hello watercolor and so that's just what I did!
Here is my first of 2 cards I made :



So do you see the background on the cardstock.. I AM IN LOVE with it.. That is actually a jumbo wheel stamp-Textured love how it makes the cardstock look. I used Versa Mark to stamp with.
That was one of the techniques I taught at my class last Wednesday (I have to share those pics w/you. What a blast that was!)


For the frame around the stamped image I just took my ruler and a marker and made my frame and then added a couple of doodles w/my gel pen and there you go! A simple but sweet card don't you think?

Here is my 2nd card I made:



This card I used the Textured Jumbo Wheel stamp as well but to make the card itself I used my Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die to make the card. I love it soo much I see loads of cards this shape in my near future! lol Also see that bow on my card isn't it beautiful it actually was on one of my goodies I won at the meet and greet for the Stampin Addicts! lol it was so pretty I had to reuse it and isn't this the perfect place to put it!

As always I thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful evening I am off to see if I could finish a couple of things before heading off America's Best Dance Crew .

2 comments:

  1. The cards are darling and your new blog header looks JUST. LIKE. YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both look terrific! Love the watercoloring on both (perfect!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say Hi and leave a comment!